Choosing the Best Vacuum Cleaner for Your Home: 3 Roborock Powerhouses to Consider
I’m at a funny point in my life where talking about choosing the best vacuum cleaner for your home is a regular Saturday night activity. Call it domestic, call it a clean streak, call it what you want, but the part of my brain that once dove down deep Wikipedia holes of movies I’ll never watch has been replaced by searches for reviews of home appliances. It’s just where we’re at. Can you relate?
I wasn’t always a neat freak. I can’t remember dusting or vacuuming my first apartment. If I’m being honest, the real catalyst in caring was getting a dog. Upon finding out that our precious rescue mutt had a significant chunk of husky DNA, the need for a vacuum with enough power to leave no stray white hairs behind became very clear. Trust me, it’s a significant challenge.
The biggest lesson I’ve learned when it comes to keeping the floors clean is that not all vacuums are created equally. We’ve broken a few vacuums figuring out what works for our house’s needs, and still haven’t quite landed on the right match. I thought I’d take you along on the hunt to find the perfect vacuum.
Here’s a breakdown of what to look for when choosing the best vacuum cleaner for your home:
- Reliability. It needs to be built to last, not built to break. I’ve made my mistake grabbing the cheapest option at the cheapest store and I won’t go down that route again.
- Approachable price point. With the understanding that you don’t address the first desire without a cash investment, I’m also not looking to break the bank.
- Four-wheel drive. Okay, that’s not what they might call it, but I’m looking for a vacuum that isn’t afraid of any terrain. I live in an old house, which means a few variations of wood (in different conditions, too) and a handful of rugs that will need attention too. Let’s not forget the couch and other pieces of furniture, too.
Today’s selections are all coming from the heavy-hitting and innovative team behind Roborock, a company dedicated to shaking up the way we clean our homes by integrating cutting-edge technology into our daily chores. Their goal? To “improve people’s lives with distinctive products”. Well, let’s get to improving!
Roborock Dyad Pro Combo
The first choice on the list is exciting as it’s the newest to hit the market, and with a handful of stand-out features and functions that put it in the next class of home vacuums. When choosing the best vacuum cleaner for your home, this shoots to the top of the list.
Roborock ensures that you’re prepared for any and all terrains as the Dyad carries not one but five distinct tools to equip you for whatever is in front of you. They’re all about “total cleanliness”, and take it a step beyond most competitors by offering a vacuum that is just as comfortable in wet conditions as it is on dry surfaces. This is a big appeal! The days of your disgusting garage shop vacuum are numbered, if you play your cards right.Check Price
Here are some of the stand-out features that shine brightest to me:
- Roborock’s five-in-one approach to vacuuming. We know that not one size fits all for a vacuum in general, so it makes sense that the approach would apply to the Dyad Pro Combo’s five-in-one combo. You can look forward to using the Multi-Surface Brush, Motorized Mini-Brush, Crevice Tool, Dusting Brush, and Wet Dry Vacuum without having to switch plugs. The Motorized Mini-Brush is your go-to for the bed, couch, or surfaces that aren’t the wide-open floor. I’m also intrigued by the Crevice Tool, which makes hard-to-reach places a non-issue (and converts into the Dust Tool, taking care of similarly hard-to-reach places that gather dust around us.
- The Dyad is a high-powered vacuum, but the real key to success is the consistency of power. You can clean better and more effectively in one go with a consistent 20N of force from onset to hitting the wall. The Pro Combo has also been well-rated for outstanding suction, so these two forces in action together are unstoppable for any mess. Afraid of TOO much power? The Dyad has a built-in Smart Sensor that understands just how serious of a mess it’s faced with and adjusts accordingly to do the job.
- Cleaning up after cleaning up is a major pain, but important to maintain the longevity of your trusted tools. Roborock’s newest offering is armed with a RevoBrush Self-Cleaning & Drying System, which takes the worry out of maintenance and keeps your vacuum up to speed at a high level. The cleaning system is innovative in its ability to dry itself quicker than most other offerings out on the market using a self-contained heat technology, which in turn prevents nasty odors that grow in damp situations.
- It’s easy! There’s no need to worry about long-term maintenance, as the short-term maintenance takes care of itself and any pressing question you might have about use or care will likely be answered in your own palm, using Roborock’s complementary mobile app that ties into the Dyad Pro Combo. You can use the app to address water levels, check in on the internal maintenance, and even set voice alerts and more.
- The Dyad is an investment piece, coming in for sale on their website for $699. If you’re intrigued and want to give it a spin on your own messages, you’d be smart to take advantage of Next Luxury’s partner link for a little bit of savings.
Roborock Dyad Pro
The predecessor to the Pro Combo, Roborock’s Dyad Pro is the mid-tier option from the innovative company. You can count on a lot of the great features found in the Pro Combo, with the main exception being the absence of the five-in-one combo element. When it comes to choosing the best vacuum cleaner for your home on a budget, this still makes for a solid option. You’ll still have access to the self-cleaning features, as well as the proprietary mobile app for easy use. I think my favorite retained feature would have to be the dry and wet combo.Check Price
Here’s a quick breakdown of what you can expect from the Dyad Pro, which promises a “clean sweep of all messes”:
- DyadPowerTM System
- 17,000Pa Suction Power
- Improved Edge-to-edge Cleaning
- DirTect™ Smart Sensor
- RevoBrush™ Self-Cleaning and Self-Drying
- Auto Cleaning Solution Dispenser
- App Connectivity & Voice Alert
Roborock’s Dyad Pro is priced at $449 and available for sale. I think this is a solid option for users with general vacuuming needs, but I think I would still spring a little higher to get the five-in-one tech because there are more hard-to-reach places than you’d think, right?
Roborock Original Dyad
Roborock’s initial use of their proprietary Dyadpower™ technology was in the original Dyad vacuum, which hit the market around the start of 2022. What was their motivation in entering the scene, you ask?
“We set out to tackle some unresolved pain points in the wet-dry vacuum space like poor edge cleaning, weak pick-up, and maneuverability issues, and we achieved that and more with Roborock Dyad,” said Richard Chang, CEO of Roborock. “Dyad is the only dual roller motor, multi-roller wet and dry vacuum that cleans edge-to-edge to eliminate messes in one sweep. This multi-use product has the capability to remove everything from dirty water to encrusted dirt seamlessly in a single cleaning session.”
The original Dyad, like its next generation, is priced at $449. A great offering, but again, given the strong need to scoop up dog hair in every corner of the house, I’m still going with the Pro Combo.Check Price
Final Thoughts: Choosing the Best Vacuum Cleaner for Your Home
Choosing the best vacuum cleaner for your home doesn’t have to suck. Like most things, you just have to know what you’re looking for and what you need the tool to do. There’s a tool for every job, right? Hopefully, you find yours.
See more about - 75 Small Home Office Ideas For Men